Monday, February 8, 2010

New & Vintage

So this weekend I had a great time w/ my mom and dad and shelby but at the same time it was bittersweet. We shopped for the playroom decor at Hobbly Lobby, which was great for me and bad for the bank account (LOL) and I got 99% of all the room decor so that felt good. We also went to grandpa's, which it still smelled like him so it was very tough on mom and on me, but I got my grandma's gorgeous antique sewing table and their kitchen chairs they always sat at.


I also received some early birthday presents!!! My mom bought me a new sewing machine that is made to sew the types of fabrics I use (heavy, canvas, etc..)so my poor little sewing machine will be happy to give it up now (mine is blue not purple)

as well as a brand new pair of Gingher sewing scissors (which may not excite you but MAN O MAN DID IT EXCITE ME!)

AS WELL AS the chair I fell in love w/ at Ivan Smith!!! I love it soo much! It's the blue I love and is a velvet texture! Sooo beautiful and soo me! It looks amazing w/ the floor, the wall color, the rug and the brick!


I also went through some more of grandma's costume jewelry vintage pieces and came home w/ these treasures! I will never sell them but will be using them in designs to market and sell as well as take for orders. So, if you order a bag or hair adornment and want these pieces on them, I will try to find the closest piece to these but cannot sell them...sorry...i just can't part w/ them knowing my grandma wore these are treasures of mine.












Aren't they gorgeous? I love them soo much!!

Well tomorrow (Feb.9th) is my 27th birthday and I'm not too excited about it but O well, another year older and wiser :). I received a sweet gift from my dear friend Nichole today and I'll blog about it later as well as the new book Josh and I are going to start to read that I'm sure you've all heard or read about yourself!
~God bless,
P.S.,
Stay close to see some new Bizzy B's items that will be available soon that are more the "home decor" side of Bizzy B's. ;)

2 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Everything looks AWESOME! I love it! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Shelley

Mollie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chair!!! You lucky girl- cleaned up good!!