Thursday, September 30, 2010

*NEW* Fall Cutie Couture

One night during my insomnia episodes, before Melatonin helped out, I pictured this outfit in my head! I wrote it down, sketched it out and left it on my sewing table. I kept comin back to it but never found THE fabric I wanted to use. I wanted this outfit to be Shelby's. I've NOT MADE HER ANYTHING TO WEAR, other than bows. Shelby & I were in Walmart one day this week and since they've done away w/the fabric/crafts section at ALL Walmart's, like before, I rarely browse down the new aisles. Something told me to do so this week so I did and our WM is selling 1yd cuts of fabric pre-packaged and some have a coordinate and print, so you get 2 yds for $10! BIG DEAL, except all the fabrics are AWFUL that I've seen before EXCEPT THIS TIME! I bought 3 2YD PACKAGES AND KNEW THIS ONE WAS THE OUTFIT MATERIAL! I also knew I wanted this outfit to have an extra added "Sumpin Sumpin" and when I was browsing my "Sumpin Sumpin" drawer next to my sewing table, the giraffe print ribbon FELL OUTTA MY DRAWER! I AM NOT KIDDIN U!! LOL!! THAT WAS IT!!! MY MIND RACED AND MY HEART FLUTTERED! THIS WAS THE OUTFIT MATERIALS!!! It was all I could do to start immediately but since I was having waaayyy too much fun playin w/ Shelby, I had to wait till she went down for her nap to draw off and cut out my fabrics. Now I must admit, I did use a pattern for the pants b/c it's hard to get exact measurements w/o a pattern for pants. I can do tops fine but the inseam HAS TO BE exact so YES, *GASP*, I USED A PATTERN. :( BUT NOT FOR THE DESIGN AT ALL!! I CROSS MY HEART! LOL I didn't cheat!! LOL
Are you ready to see this?? LOL.....
Here....
Ya.........
Go...........
Taaa...........
Daaaa..............

(Click on the image to enlarge & see more detail)
This outfit is a 12month size but more of an 18 month length in the pants. When I say CUSTOM, I MEAN CUSTOM! LOL... See, I have one foot that is a whole 1/2 size larger than the other so I'm not surprised when my daughter can still wear 3-6 month pants in the waist, just as capris! LOL! So for her, I did a 12 month top, 12 month waist, and in order for these pants to be PANTS for her, they are 18month length, otherwise, if they were 12month length, they'd be capris! LOL... I have a skinny bean.. LOL...THANK GOODNESS! I'D RATHER HER BE A BEAN POLL THAN LIKE HER MOMMY!!
The top has a half-zipper in the back and brown giraffe print trim around the neck and as ruffles at the bottom. The pants have an elastic waist band and a coordinating cuff on the bottom of the pants to match the top as well as the same giraffe print ruffles. These pants are made to dust the floor and be long. This outfit was sooo fun to make and I will DEFINITELY be trying it on Shelby soon & taking a pic for ya!
I will reproduce this outfit for your wee-one or do the same design in WHATEVER fabric you like! :) I am still accepting Halloween, Thanksgiving and now taking orders for Christmas! :)

Speaking of Fall, which if you live here in the southern-most part of Arkansas like I do, you know we only get MAYBE 2 weeks of "Fall", which btw, is now and IT'S A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So I just realized that 90% of my home is painted and decorated all year in the color palette of fall (not decorated w/ pumpkins and leaves but you know what I mean, THE COLORS). So, today Ucreate, which btw, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read her blog, has THE CUTEST feature today on how to add some cute pumpkin, ORIGINAL pumpkins, to your Fall decor.

(Pictures courtesy of Under My Umbrella from Ucreate. I DID NOT MAKE THESE BUT WILL BE MAKING MY OWN FOR MY HOME!! :) Go to the tutorial below to make you some too!!)
Check http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/09/creative-guest-wooden-mod-podge-pumpkin.html out!!
~God bless,
Photobucket

No comments: