Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SECRET REVEALED!!!

Ok, so it's not really a secret but I was waiting to post this post until after this morning to make sure it was ok to do so... :)

We, as you know b/c I've blogged about them before, have these AMAZING friends that we've had for at least 4 years. They live away from us in Crossett, but never-the-less, we are still "besties." Josh and Wes have been best friends since college so we've been friends with Wes for at least maybe 9 years or more, can't remember exactly but A LONG TIME and when Wes asked Ashley to marry him around our wedding in December 2004, Ashley and I IMMEDIATELY clicked! I always think that since Josh and Wes are PRACTICALLY THE SAME PERSON that it's funny that Wes married someone who's practically just like me! It's always funny because we'll usually buy each other the same type of Christmas gifts, usually in the same wrapping paper, unknowingly, or Ashley and I will have the same outfit/type of outfit or accessories/shoes so it's just MEANT TO BE that we're "besties!" Well, when they got married in July of 2005, about 7 months after us, we were of course there and the fear crossed my mind that since we were all "real adults" now that our friendships may suffer or we may drift apart like most distant relationships do. Well, God had other plans. We continuously grew our friendships, even if it meant only seeing each other maybe 2-3 times a year around holidays or on lake trips, and God blessed that. It was like we had never parted and we always just picked right up where we left off.
Wes has always been there for Josh whenever he needs him to be and vice versa; like when Josh's grandma died. Wes and Ash were at the funeral and regardless of how much Josh verbally thanked them, his heart was forever grateful for them beign there in the deepest, darkest time I've ever seen Josh in...but they were there and THAT'S FRIENDSHIP. Ashley has been here for me, even if it is a text message or email, through it all. She was here when we were constantly struggling to have a baby and month after month of tears, dr.'s visits, cries out to God...she was here and always said, "I'm praying for you and I KNOW it will happen..just in God's time." Ya know when you're struggling for something you want RIGHT NOW and you hear those words, it's usually hurtful or annoying but coming from Ashley, it was comforting and uplifting.
The best description I can give to make you see how close we are as friends, even though we live apart, is like a soul-mate-marriage. Through the good and bad, we support, love, nurture, uplift, lean-on, comfort and guide each other through the blindspots of life and even though we have have different jobs, live in a different city and county, we are still like a soul-mate-marriage that has always stuck it out regardless of what the world throws at us.
Ok so with all this said...which is a lot...you all know that we are expecting our 1st baby, Shelby Lynne Kee, on June 9th (she'll probably be early I'm guessing). Well I've always wanted Wes & Josh's kids to grow up together and be best friends or maybe "soul mates" one day, like we are and so when we got pregnant I was kinda disheartened because Wes & Ashley were not trying to get pregnant and as much as I wanted to be selfish and say, "Umm, excuse me? Our kids HAVE TO grow up together, what is your deal?" I didn't... there is a time and place for everything (can't remember the exact verse of scripture but IT'S IN THERE) and I just refrained from the pressure that I'm sure they already received from many others. We are all about the same age, I'm the baby (26), Ashley is next (29), then Josh (will be 30 Sept. 24th) and then Wes (will be 32 Sept. 30th), so in my mind, I didn't want them to wait and struggle with what we did and I'm a lot younger. As bad as that sounds, I wanted them to have an easy time getting pregnant and it just "happen" for them when they were ready. Well, Monday night I get a text message (as does Josh so I later found out from Wes) from Ashley saying "guess who's gonna be a mommy (and of course Wes' said, "Guess who's gonna be a daddy?")" so I IMMEDIATELY freak out and text back, "OMG!! YOU!" and I get an "Yes!!" Well at that point I'm about to hit the roof, as high as my big butt can these days that is, and so I immediately start texting her back.... no response....so then I call... no answer.. so i text again..no response..and leave a voicemail..no response....so after many ugly texts of "you know i haven't slept well and now you're gonna rob me of that tonight also b/c you won't answer you phone"... she calls me and apologizes b/c they went to tell and visit some friends and left BOTH of their phones in the car... come on guys! heart attack for a pregnant woman is NOT good.... thanks! Well, after talkin for about 30 min. gettin all the details, she tells me that it really did "just happen" for them! She mentioned how surprised Wes was that it happened so fast (one month, i think is what she said) and was in disbelief! haha...everyone has reassured Wes that it only takes ONE TIME. haha... I guess though since seeing all we went through as well as others, you kinda lose that thought/hope...
I'M SOOO THRILLED THOUGH THAT MY WISH CAME TRUE!!
Wes & Ashley McDougald are PREGNANT and what's even cooler is that their approximate due date is JANUARY 9TH! EXACTLY 7 MONTHS AFTER OURS!!!! NOW, remember, our wedding anniversaries?? yeahp, YOU GUESSED IT!! 7 MONTHS APART! HAHA... HOW AMAZING AND AWESOME IS THIS! I told Ashley that she'll be getting A LOT of unwanted/invited advice but when she wants me to stop, I will. OUR BABIES WILL GROW UP TOGETHER AND BE FRIENDS AND MAYBE EVEN BEST FRIENDS ONE DAY! I told Josh, "how cool would it be if they had a boy and he asked Shelby to marry him one day?" Josh's reaction was a smile and, "I cannot EVEN BEGIN to think about that!" haha...
SO, congratulations to our "Besties" and their GREAT news! Here's some pics of us that we took back in the Summer of 2007 at Gulf Shores & Orange Beach (OH I pray to have that body again... PLEASE LORD & SHELBY let me look like this again...haha.. sorry, a vain moment...):




WE LOVE Y'ALL AND ARE SOOO HAPPY AND THRILLED FOR THIS NEW JOURNEY IN YOUR LIVES AND MARRIAGE! I'm not saying it'll be easy b/c it won't be, but we are here to help and now that we've been through some of it, we hope to be that much more of a help to you! I can't wait for Shelby to meet her momma and daddy's "besties" and the little "McNugget" on the way! Thank you for always being there for us whenever we need you and even when we just need a friend. You are truly amazing people and we could not ask for a better couple to share our lives with! You are truly gifts from God! Congrats again kids! Love you!
~God bless,

5 comments:

Kecia said...

Wow... That is a good news!!Hahaha...

We love you!!

House of Smiths said...

What a fun post. So great for them!
Shelley

Stephanie said...

Doug actually found me on facebook and I was soooo excited!! Yeah, youth group just wasn't the same without him! I'm excited about your "surprise". I loved having a few of my best girls pregnant with me! It's so much fun!

jill said...

how fun! now you can give out unsolicited advice like i do! haha! and btw...how are you going to feel about visitors at the hospital? wadley is less than 3 minutes from my school. :)

Jodi said...

Wonderful story! Blessings!