Thursday, May 21, 2009

37 week Appt. Update

So our appointment yesterday was really short and sweet! haha... Weight is great (only 2 lbs of fluid this time instead of 4 so i've not gained), blood pressure is great, belly's measuring about 39" (which is about 2" bigger than my progress; i'm 37 weeks so an exact, perfect size belly would be 37"; but doc said is fine and great :) ), Shelby's heartbeat is strong and great, she's measuring about 6 lbs 7 to 9 oz, and no progress... I've got so progress or dialation or anything. He said there's about a 10% chance he might see me before my next appt. on Tuesday but other than that, he'll see me Tuesday when I'll be considered...
FULL TERM!! WOO HOOO!!
WOW, that's hard to believe! I think I'm ready. I know I'm ready to be comfortable again and have my body back HOPEFULLY close to what it was but I don't know if I'm ready to have her and be a good mommy for her. That's a lot to take in but honestly, who is ever ready for this?? God is preparing us and with Him, we'll be great parents and we'll be ok. :)
OH, and we took a tour of the hospital's Labor and Delivery Unit (Wadley Regional Medical Center in Texarkana, Texas) and it was GORGEOUS! I feel sooo much better and at ease now seeing where I'll be. The rooms were huge and it's a one-stop-shop (I'll deliver and recover in the same room/bed!)! We were VERY impressed and it looks just as good as St. Michael's rooms, which is what I was concerned about b/c after the horror of seeing our hospitals rooms here in town, I was getting very sceptical...I am proud that we'll deliver our baby in THE SAME hospital & have our angel in the same nursery as me and my brother.

OMG, I'm sooo excited that Kris Allen won American Idol!!! :) He's from Conway, Arkansas, which is just a hop, skip & jump from here! I think he was a lot more versitile and could sing any song where Adam was just rock. He reminded me THE WHOLE season of someone who would be a good fit w/ KISS and low and behold, who did he perform with last night as his "celebrity"? KISS...haha.. anyhoo.. he kinda scared me too with the make-up and crazy-lookin eyes he'd make when he sang. He was and is a good artist but to me, not very well-rounded. Kris, OMG, he is so humble and seems like someone you could walk up to and he'd give you the shirt off his back. If I'm not mistaken, I also think he is/was a music leader/ worship leader at his church. I am thrilled for him and his family! What a great representative of Arkansas and Christ's Kingdom!
Congrats Kris!!
~God bless,

1 comment:

Kecia said...

The final will air here on saturday...So thank you for the news!! I was kinda curious to know who won! Hehe...