Monday, February 17, 2014

Shelby's Valentine Party

Mrs. Mandy's Learning Center, where sheebs goes to PreK 4 days a week, had their parties on Thursday.  Shelby is in the Dr. Seuss room, which is the graduating class, and their party was at 10:30.  I offered to come and make treats. Shelby and I made cupcakes all Wednesday morning while we were snowed in and she did such a great job!!  Yes! You read that right... we were SNOWED IN.... more like Iced in... Josh and I both were forced off and shelby's school was cancelled.  We did a whole lot of NOTHING and it was great! Max was inside all day and we just had a lazy PJ day...









 I realized after a lot of Netflix, books, games, & iPad games that we were getting cabin fever, especially when Josh offered to go to walmart and get the cupcake mix so we could bake for her class party...it took him OVER 15 mins to get to walmart from our house, where it's usually a 5 min drive...
I had left over googly eyes from shelby's VDay box art project and so we got out the Play Doh and this is the insanity I sunk to...
Shelby thought it was hilarious.... she called them her own Monsters Inc. creatures and Josh was beginning to worry about me because I'd make one and initially start laughing at my creature...by myself... LOL...


 Once the sun came out, the snow (ICE) melted enough that work was back on and schools were opened for Thursday. Thank goodness because Sheebs would've been devastated for her party to be cancelled at school!
I got tickled at her class because at the time, it was a great idea to have each kids name on their valentine from Shelby, but after seeing the turmoil and stress it was puttin poor Ms. Amber under, I think next year we'll just sign, "Love, Shelby" instead.. haahaa...


 the cupcakes were a hit! everyone liked them!! Shelby actually ate ALL of her cupcake!



 what a great day to see her with all her friends! She had an awesome Valentines Day!

No comments: