Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Shelby's Bible bag

Since Shelby graduated Kindergarten they promoted in Sunday school from the PreK-K department to the Children's Department. Central had a special recognition for these graduates and  presented each kid w/ a new bible and charge to follow Christ more.
Shelby asked that I make her a bag so I JUMPED at the thought and found a pattern that wasn't easy but was the design I wanted. I then searched for the perfect fabric. I FOUND IT! I found it online at Fabric.com, my go-to for ANY fabrics!
It took me FOREVER to do this because I've never sewn something so intense with so many specific steps.  I have never sewn something this hard but it was well worth it! I broke 3 needles and had to strip stitches several times!! 
It has a pencil/pen/highlighter holder, a bookmark and a front pocket zipper to hold all her stuff.  Shelby was sooo excited and loved it sooo much!





No comments: