Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What a weekend....

This Memorial Day  weekend started out great but quickly turned into a terrifying, questionable start.  Friday night, we were all outside, as we usually are most nights, and Sheebs decided she wanted Josh to take her for a ride on the "fourly wheeler".  SO they did their usual run down the road and back.  They always go slow and this time was no difference.  On their way back, as I sat on the deck w/ max, I heard this loud pop, like a firework, then a huge crash sound and immediately Sheebs screaming.  My heart sank.  I went running down the road, a little over 50 yards from me.  When I got to where I could see, my heart sank even lower.  They had a four wheeler wreck.  I saw Josh lifting it off of him and sheebs and they were both covered in blood.  She was screaming and Josh looked bad.  We got to the house and determined NO ONE had any broken bones but just severe road rash, lacerations and cuts.  Josh's being the worse.  Sheebs has road rash on her shoulder, hip knee and hand and a pretty bad gash in her elbow.  Josh has 2 gashes on his head, road rash and deep lacerations on his shoulder, elbow, legs and foot.  His ribs are hurting more lately but their wounds are "itchy" they said. I praise GOD they're ok and it could've been sooo much worse! They were only in maybe 2nd gear and if they were goin any faster, the wreck could've been....
the culprit was the front right tire rod. it completely broke off and sent the tire turned in and then them flipping off as well as the four wheeler flipping on top of Josh.  God was definitely cradling them both and protecting them!

the rest of the weekend was great and much needed family time! Here's a photo dump....









No comments: