Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beautiful Chrisitan Sister...

A friend of mine sent this as a general forward to her "Christian Friends" today and I found it truly inspirational and cool. Just wanted to share...
Beautiful Christian Sister
by Maya Angelou
'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living''; I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.' When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride; I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong; I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success; I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect; My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain ... I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou; I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!
Pretty is as Pretty does... but beautiful is just plain beautiful!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've read this somewhere before.......it's beautiful.....i love it....thanks for sharing!