Thursday, May 22, 2014

Graduation

Trying not to cry as I post this...
Shelby is officially a Preschool Graduate! Her school, Mrs. Mandy's Learning Center, had their little graduation program Sunday afternoon.  It was the sweetest most precious thing I've ever seen! They did the program themselves! I was expecting Mrs. Mandy and maybe Mrs. Amber to get up and read stuff, show a slideshow/video, give them their diploma and that be it but BOY WAS I WRONG! These kids are so smart and they showed us that! They started by saying the Pledge of Allegiance themselves and then went into the program. They had 3-4 at a time lead the songs and shelby had 2 times to lead! I was a proud momma! She lead the Yellow color song where they sang about knowing how to spell each color and she helped w/ the Phonics song! The most impressive part was that they ALL learned and said The Lord's Prayer by themselves together as a class! It was all I could do to keep from crying!
They received a diploma as well as a REAL, full-size bible that they have been studying out of at school and highlighting w/ Mrs. Amber.  I'm so proud of these kids and the Kindergarten is going to have their hands full because mostly all of these babies are leaders and strong-willed. This graduating class will be future leaders one day of this community, town, state and country!
I know many of our friends are having their "babies" graduate from high school and I cannot imagine how those mommas and daddy's feel when I'm a wreck and we're just graduating PreK!
We are so proud of who you are, who you're becoming and who you will be Shelby. You are so smart, loving, kind, caring, giving, joyful, silly, precious, talented & remarkably made in God's Image! Your love for God and others blows me away! I can't wait to see you grow even more as you step out into the adventurous world of Kindergarten this August the 18th.  Momma will be a wreck so you'll have to hold my hand. I don't know how I'll deal with you letting it go when you have to get out of the car and step out on your own into school.  I love you and you are my first baby and will always be my first baby. You made me who I am...
your momma...
I love you Sheebeshake...
















No comments: