Friday, January 17, 2014

Rhett's Room-progress....

It's hard to believe that I'm now 8 MONTHS pregnant, I feel all 8 of them. This pregnancy hasn't flown by, like Shelby's did, but never the less, it's a miracle and I'm grateful for God's blessing us w/ this little prince we never dreamed we'd be carrying. I know all the pain and struggle this pregnancy has brought will be totally worth it when we both see Rhett and introduce him to his AMAZING big sister, Shelby. I can't wait to see her face the first time she sees him! I've decided, since I won't have to plan out a "birth plan" so to speak, that I want Shelby to be the first person (other than Josh of course) to see, hold and meet Rhett. I want our family time with just us and let her soak in her new gift, being a big sister.

I worked quite a bit in Rhett's room yesterday. I rearranged the furniture, painted the trees and applied his wall phrase.... I've gotta pallet I want to paint (small 16x20) for his wall but I have NO IDEA what I want to paint on it. I know I want to put his initials/name on it but not sure how I want to execute that yet. I also have some other artwork I want to do.  I've got to get the changing pad down from the attic and make the cover for it. I'm debating on whether or not to make him a coming home outfit. I want to do something with his first name on it but nothing fancy.... I'm thinking maybe his name stitched on a hat and his initials on a white cotton sack/gown ?? I don't know....
Anyway, here's Rhett's room progress:
as you walk in

to the right as you walk in

We found out this week that my office is hosting us a shower. We are so blessed! :)
Have a great weekend everyone!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a cute nursery. I love the camouflage and chevron combo!!!