Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Guest Closet turned Sewing Nook!

This weekend, Josh decided it was time to do my sewing nook and I couldn't be happier!! He took out the existing built-in shelves, customized shelves from them for me and painted!! I LOVE IT and adore how organized and special it is.  I've still gotta find some bins to put on the shelves for storage and since I have a fabric addiction, my fabric collection won't fit in there so we are buying the under-bed tubs and I'm going to store my fabric there! :)

Before:



the painting crew.... No, I do not hire out! They do great work though! I painted too so don't feel like I'm a slave-driver! I painted the trim parts :)
the sewing desk was my grandmother's sewing table and fits PERFECTLY in there!


I decided I needed a little shelf next to the desk :) Hubby is sooo awesome!!!!

this chair was my grandpa's breakfast chair he ate breakfast in every morning.  I have the mate to it that was my grandmother's but I've not refinished it yet.



this was before I customized it more... didn't finish the wall hangings yet nor did I put the scrapbook papers on the drawers

these two wall hangings were given to us by Josh's aunt before she passed away and had Chef's on them and I distressed them and put the cover of vintage patterns my grandmother used for me when I was a little girl. I have the patterns still! I added vintage buttons and broaches to them from my grandmother's stash as well as the stash my BFF, Nichole, sent me from Indiana.





I added scrapbook paper to my drawer tower to hide the ribbon and craft/sewing supplies in there....



Tomorrow, you get to see the VERY FIRST sewing project of 2013 from Bizzy B's done in my new Sewing Nook! :) It's FABULOUS and a totally NEW style! If you're a follower on Facebook, then you've seen it so hush hush :)

No comments: