Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday





This week's tutorial is on how I made Shelby's lion tee. Being that this weekend was Homecoming here at SAU and since I'm a Phi Mu I thought sheebee needed a Lion shirt!!






First off, I measured a square for the lions face and ironed it onto fusible webbing/ paper that's used for appliqués. I then drew my design on the pap side and cut it all out as so...I did the same thing w/ the brown Minky Dot pieces for his chops and inner ears and pink heart for the nose...






What I did then was keep the face in the place I wanted it and began pinning ribbon loops strategically around his head I tacked the bottom layer down w/ a single stitch or two by hand.






And pinned..... And pinned....






Then after I got it all pinned I took the face off that was just there for a guide and sewed all the ribbon loops or "mane" all around making sure to get every single ribbon attached. I then put a bit of stuffing on the empty space where his face is to make it puffy and appliquéd it. Since my machine boycotted my Minky Dot fabric again, I just decided to paint the face and details...












Taa daa!!!! Shelby's friendly lion shirt! She got tons of compliments today at Homecoming!! Even the Phi Mu's liked it!!












No comments: