Saturday, July 16, 2011

all about Minnie

Minnie Mouse has always been cute to me but not my favorite cartoon character or even Disney character but Miss Shelby thinks she's hung the moon so now mommy thinks she has too...lol
Minnie was shelby's bday theme




Before the cake came out that was too cute to eat that day so we ate it at our church fellowship the next day...



After the kids attacked and conquered my homemade cupcakes the cupcakes!! Hahaha. Oh and what 2 yr old bday party isn't complete w/o baby wipes and hand sanitizer. Lol
Anyhoo...with all that said, we are all about Minnie and it runs in the family! Mammy asked me to make her niece a Minnie outfit b/c she got to go to Disney to see the real Minnie. So....this is what I came up with! I bought this fabric to make this outfit for Shelby for her bday party but my brain was fried and it didn't even cross my mind that #1 it's a water party outside w/ water slides and #2 it was 97*! lol duh mommy so she stayed in this....



But had wardrobe malfunctions w/ her derrière lol....too much "bayWatch" booty lol
So she was in her "pincess simsuit( princess swimsuit" all day



Ok...sorry, babbling again...here's the main reason for this post...













Crazy phone pics....it's hot pink not rose....
It's totally done w/o any kind of a pattern. I'm mastering my designing by measurements I think. I also appliqué and did this myself too. Took me a bit to find the right stitching I wanted but finally got it. I also got to use this for the first time...



What is this monster you ask!? It's my Ruffler Foot for my machine! Took me a while to figure out how to even attach it to my machine shaft but I did it! I even did the Shelby " I dit it" hand clap when I finally figured it out! It did beautiful on the pant ruffles and was super easy!
I also used it to do these...quick preview...not finished yet



We are going on our annual lake trip w/ the Kee's so no sewing this week for me. It will all pick up in a week! Also, all orders that are needed before October, must be paid and ordered before Sept. 1st. Due to the festival I'm doin in Oct., I've gotta close custom orders for a month. However, I will be taking custom orders at the festival! :)



1 comment:

jellaan said...

Bekah, it tuned out so cute!! Mammy's niece is going to be one happy girl!! :)