Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Just say Amen...

This video speaks MOUNTAINS to me and my life right now...
I've been really sick the past 2 weeks, Shelby starts Kindergarten MONDAY, the hustle and bustle of life is starting back w/ school starting and dance and just life....


There's too much to be thankful for and praise God about to wallow in the pits!
I've never been tested of felt physical pain like I have the last 2 weeks. Psalm 37:24 has been on my heart a lot, "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand." My physical struggle has been unbearable and has shaken me up pretty hard.
It started about 2 1/2 weeks ago when Rhett just wasn't being satisfied at feedings and was fussy a lot and it was a struggle for both of us. My goal was to nurse him til he was at least 6 months. I never thought it would actually happen because I could only nurse shelby for 7 weeks.  Rhett turned 5 months old on the 7th.  I thought that Rhett was just trying to wean himself so we started that process and since I have never had to do that before after nursing THIS LONG, I just did what we did with shelby; supplement until he was weaned totally.  Rhett weaned super easily and fast and then that's when my problems began. Since I thought I was drying up, there wasn't a struggle anymore with feeding until on a monday when I was hit w/terrible breast pain, swollen, red splotches, and they were hot to the touch. Long, detailed, story I don't want to relive.... I developed Mastitis and if you've ever had this, you KNOW the pain that comes w/ that! The pain and recovery of 2 C-SECTIONS HAS NOTHING on this pain! It's been unbearable! I went through one round of antibiotics, 3 heads of cabbage in a week, ice packs for days, ibuprofen, any of my oils I could put on it, went to the dr. and got cleared that I do not have any infection anymore and that it's now just engorgeed... I'm now I'm bound as tight as I can tolerate and still be able to breathe. I do not wish this on ANYONE! The pain has gone down a lot as well as the swelling and all but this journey, I'm happy to say, I WILL NEVER have again! I know this has been a testing of my faith and I do feel like I didn't take this like I should have. A lot of tears and "why me's"....God never forgot me and He didn't leave my side at all, even though I felt like He had.  I have PLENTY to say Amen about... Healthy, happy, amazing babies, one who's not a baby and starts Kindergarten in just 5 days, an amazing, supportive, never-gives-up-on-me husband and family...
Amen and Amen!!

No comments: