Tuesday, March 24, 2009

29 weeks, shower & creations

**So I forgot to do my veggie/fruit comparison for this month when I blogged earlier... here's how big Shelby is from now until week 32:

Wow, ok so we're now 29 weeks.. OH MY GOSH... that's all I can say w/ my mouth wide open in shock. This pic below was taken Saturday, just 3 days ago, so it was actually taken at 28 weeks and 4 days, but close enough... I haven't grown since then.. I HOPE I haven't at least. haha....

It was obviously a bad hair, make-up, FACE DAY... ugh... it was also kinda early on Saturday for me to be awake...haha.. Anyhoo, there's the much demanded belly pic I've been harassed to post! haha... Yes, I know the last one we took was 9 weeks ago but really, I'd rather you see the drastic difference from this

to this

than just a gradual week by week view. :) I think it's more fun this way! My personal opinion. haha. I think she's moved up... She doesn't seem as low as before...

On to shower pics! Not mine, but of a dear friend that I go to church with named, Ginger. She and I are exactly 2 weeks apart and really the "gender cut off". She's due May 21st and I'm due June 9th and everyone due before her and to her due date are having boys, including herself and everyone after Ginger to my due date and a month or two after are having girls! :) haha it's really bizarre! It's fun to share this pregnancy w/ a girl who TRULY understands. It's neat b/c I kinda get the heads up on what to expect and what to expect at dr. visits. Ginger and her husband also struggled w/ trying to have a baby and almost to the anniversary of losing their first baby, the found out they're pregnant w/ little Evan Josiah. They're gonna call him Josiah. :) He may be Shelby's future boyfriend! His dad, Trey, is the Offensive Football Coach here at SAU so I know Shelby's daddy would approve since he LOVES football and played offense! haha... coincedence?? haha... Anyhoo, here's some pics from her shower that I helped co-host w/ 13, yes, I said 13, other ladies from our church. Oh, and my mom made the quilt under her diaper cake, I made the Diaper Cake and her bag and wipee cover. It was a huge hit and Ginger was really touched by all she got! She had a great shower and I JUST LOVE the colors we used to decorate and of course all my little Sir Fidels (lions) made their appearance at her shower to say "Congrats" too!












Another cool thing about Ginger and I, not only that we're 2 weeks apart and both struggled w/ conceiving these babies, but the night she called to tell me she was pregnant was the SAME DAY we found out we were pregnant! We both found out the same time! God knew we'd need each other and what a blessing she is to me and has been to me. Congrats Trey & Ginger! Can't wait to meet Mr. Josiah! Shelby's already getting ready to meet her new nursery buddy!
~God bless,

4 comments:

House of Smiths said...

You look so great! And the bag is adorable! Hope all is well!
Shelley

Kecia said...

Wow!!!Yay!!
We are all amazedby the new belly pic!!
Mom is all nostalgic at this very moment...
Cute cakes! You are amazing girl!!

Pamela said...

Saw your comment on Kelly's Korner and I had to stop by and say I love what you are planning on naming your little one...my daughter's name is Shelby Lynn, lol!

Pamela said...

OMG! I just read another post and saw that you planning on naming her Shelby with Lynne to go with it. But you have an e on the end of yours. We debated on the whether to put an e for a long time and my hubby finally won, he wanted it without. I don't know why I find it so neat that someone else is naming their little one the same, I guess it is because I have not come across too many Shelbys. But that is good, right?